Perhaps your loved one has pets. Anyone who has read my posts about Roxy, the Rottweiler I had for over twelve years knows that I know the value of those bonds. In home care, allows our loved ones to continue to live with their pets in a familiar setting.
Some other unique needs to consider may be:
1. Specific medical or wellness needs. Does the company providing in home professionals have access to qualified specialists to provide medication oversight, dental hygiene, podiatry visits, yoga, physical therapy, etc.?
2. Ability to leave home. Can companions provide transportation, good company on outings, assistance with shopping and other errands and effective interaction at medical appointments including the communication of key information to family members?
3. Easy updates delivered via technology. Does the company offer online, real time information on daily activities, updates, etc. for simple check ins by family members?
4. Standard daily needs. Is meal planning/preparation assistance, laundry, light housekeeping and even support with monthly bills and payments available as part of the services provided?
5. Uplifting interaction. Do the professionals bring with them a good attitude and energy of compassion and caring?
6. Up front evaluation. Will the companies you are researching provide a free in home assessment with detailed plans and costs offered with the evaluation and full disclosure of terms along with verifiable testimonials?
Sheridan Care wants consumers to be educated when it comes to choosing the right fit for each family facing the moment where caring for their loved becomes too much. To ensure your loved one receives the best care, they use only experienced caregivers who must pass a complete background check and provide impeccable references. To maintain this high quality, they offer their caregivers, who are employees of the company (not independent contractors) many benefits including access to health care, classes and more.
If you know someone who needs in home professional care in the West Los Angeles area or is a high quality professional caregiver seeking employment, go to sheridancare.com or call Jeromy Meyer at 310.204.1187. Thanks to Sheridan Care for providing valuable information to make the decision to choose in home care an easier one.